Sunday, August 2, 2009

Campin

We just got back from our Walker Family Reunion...... and boy, did we have a good time!!! We went to North Fork Park, which just a few miles away from Pineview Resevoir. We spent all day Friday at Pineview at it was a blast!! The only complaint I have about the weekend is the stupid stupid stupid racoons in the middle of the night! I slept in my parents 2 bedroom tent because Jay was not able to make it up until Saturday. The first night we woke up to animal noises-- they were in all of our stuff and growing threw the garbage- which was in a fire pit with a huge board covering it. They were strong enought to move the board!
It happened ALL night long. We kept making my dad get up and go check outside. At one point, I swear the stupid animal was either in our tent or right next to my head outside. I started freaking out and I made my dad trade me beds. I slept with my mom the rest of the time. The next night, they came back but we tried to stay calm. I kept telling myself "I was okay" over and over again. My mom and I decided to name the raccoon- Robby the Raccoon. We are laughing about it now, but it wasn't funny at the time.
Here are some pictures from our fun weekend!
This was the inside of our tent. My dad is so awesome! He made the best tent in the world! He brought carpet and laid it down and made a living room with chairs. It was sooo comfy! There are 2 rooms to the right of this picture- behind the blue and white chair.
Here is the front of the tent. He strung lights inside and outside of the tent.

This is my cute sister and me on the boat!

These are some of my cousins.

More family....

My aunt made "leaves" for each memeber of our family and hung them over the table area. We are each a memeber of our "family tree."

My freaking cute husband!

Over the 4th of July, my aunt took pictures of a body part on each member of our family. She made these posters and we had to guess who each part was. It was really cute and fun!

More cousins!


Thanks you uncle Layne for getting the boat and wave runners!

More cousins, Breanna, Anna, & Leah, sister-in-law, Haylee, and niece, Aree.


This is my cousin Devin and his wife, Lianne. He worked on the hole all day!

My niece Aree and cousin Leah.

Grandma & cousin Kira around the camp fire.

My way cute mom and cousins Travis & Leah.

2 comments:

Lianne said...

That was a ton of fun! I still can't believe your dad's tent. I must say that I've never seen a Monet painting hanging in a tent. That's just too awesome!

Kalli and Derek said...

Wow that tent is awesome! Your dad is amazing. Looks like a lot of fun. It was fun seeing you the other night, we need to do that more often.