Monday, July 6, 2009

Update on Garden Experience

So I thought I would show some pictures of our garden now that its been almost 2 months since we planted it. It is growing like crazy!!! And so are the weeds!! It is so exciting to see everything grow and know that I actually planted it. Jay says since we are doing so well at keeping the garden alive, we can probably handle some kids!! haha Although I have killed 5 cucumber plants at this point. We have one left and I'm trying so hard to keep it alive.
I can't thank my family enough for coming everyother week to help weed the garden! They certainly weren't expecting to help me so much!

This is the whole garden.
These are our first jalapenos.

That is our first zucchini.

This is the row of carrots.

These are all the tomato plants! There are 24 of them!!
Some tomatos.

This is one of the watermelon plants. They just barely starting growing
so they have a ways to go!

These are the pumpkin plants. I'm excited to have my nieces come
pick out some pumpkins when they are ready!

And this is the very first pumpkin! Who knew this could be so fun!

4 comments:

Jenni M. said...

That is a GREAT looking garden. I'm so jealous! I can't have a garden where we live.....someday, though....

Mom/LorMom/Grammy said...

You have a BEAUTIFUL garden! It has been fun to watch it grow. The lettuce is so yummy! You and Jay are doing a great job, you should be proud of yourselves. Megan loved picking the carrot tonight and just smelling it. She says "it smells like a real carrot". I think she thought they grew in the grocery store. Thanks for your hard work! Love you!

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

LOL good one mom :) Yes I was amazed at at the carrot haha. I am SOO amazed at your garden, its very neat! Love ya sis

Mandi said...

Hello,
I am going to be in Disney Land the day we have lunch planned. Can we plan another day? Do you have a email address? I don't get on Facebook much. Talk to you soon.