It is a tradition in my office that we walk in the Susan G Komen 5K Race for the Cure every year. There were soooo many people this year but we had a blast! Morgan, my sister, has been walking in it with me for the last couple years. I am so thankful that she comes... she pushes me every year! This year was extra special for us because our aunt was just diagnosed with breast cancer and so we made sure we walked it for her! We love you Aunt Glenna!!

This is the starting line. It was crazy! I think they said there were about 30,000 people doing it this year.

This is me, my sister Morgan, and her friend Kelsey.

Morgan & Kelsey

This is me pushing my friend, Bonnie. I work with her and she has Rheumatoid Arthritis. She has gotten to the point where she has to be in a wheelchair when she goes long distances, but she was determined to come. Those are her kids next to her. I pushed her about 1/2 the race and my other co-worker, Andria, pushed her the other 1/2.

This is another girl I work with, Heather, and her kids. I love her to death and would be very lost at work without her!!
In all, there were about 12 of us from my office, not including our families. We had a great time and I look forward to doing it next year!!
5 comments:
That is SO great! I love the pictures and I am so glad you did it for Aunt Glenna. Love you!
Go Krista!! You are my hero!
That's awesome that you guys do that as an office! Way to go!
Wow, I didn't know Aunt Glenna had breast cancer. Yuk. I need to get in the loop.
How great for you to do these walks. We do a heart walk each year because our dear friends have a little boy, Logan, who is almost 5 who was born with half a heart. So he's had a ton of open heart surgeries in his little life time. Poor guy. But the walks are very inspiring.
That is so awesome!! You rock!
Post a Comment