Saturday, June 5, 2010

Island Park & YellowStone

We took a trip up to Island Park and YellowStone and it was a blast!! Jay and I bought into a timeshare for a Condo in Island Park, Idaho and this was our first year using it. We were very excited but sad that we didn't have the rest of our family there. This is a place our family has been going for years and years.
We had a great trip and saw a few things that I have NEVER seen in Yellowstone before! I had a difficult time choosing which pictures, out of the 150 pictures we took, to post on here.

Jay and I at our first condo!
At the entrance into YellowStone.
All of us at the Falls.
This was probably the highlight of the trip. I had NO idea you could do this! Jay and I were talking to a family we met at the falls and they gave us sunflower seeds. They told us to bend down at the side of the mountain and wait to see what happens. Chipmunks started coming from everywhere, eating the sunflower seeds out of our hands. After I convinced my siblings to come down, we couldn't get enough of it. We all sat there feeding the chipmunks. The chipmunks would take each sunflower seed, bread open the shell, eat the sunflower seed, and throw the shell. They would do this until the seeds were gone. One chipmunk even climbed up into Kelsey's lap and sat there eating. It was so cool!
At the falls.

This picture of Megan and Bill was taken at the Paint Pots. When we got there, the weather was just fine. By the time we got half way down walking path, the wind kicked up and a storm came in within like 5 mintues. We were running to the car! We laugh about it now, but it was snowing pretty hard. We even talked about turning around and going back to the condo. We finally decided against that and we drove on to Old Faithful.

The other highlight of the trip was we got to see a bear!! I have never seen a bear in all the times I've gone to YellowStone. Jay was soooo excited! This was the only thing he wanted to see. There was so much madness from people that the rangers had to come in and direct traffic and direct people who want to get out of their cars. It's not a very good picture, but it was so cool!

This picture is at the lake in Island Park.

We played racquetball at the condo. We also had a pingpong game... of course I won! lol NOT!! I was the first one out!
This is at a gyser basin. I can't remember what it is called now. We walked about 1.5 miles around this basin and saw a whole bunch of gyser holes. Some of them were dried up and some of them were going (not very high though)
We went to Mammoth Spings, hiked around and had lunch. While eating lunch, 3 elk decided to walk across the street from us. We only got one in this picture.

This is Morgan and I at Mesa Falls. I love this place!!! So beautiful!
Jay and I at Mammoth Springs.

6 comments:

Kalli and Derek said...

How stinkin fun! It looks beautiful! I fed chipmunks up in Idaho once at a girls camp, it is pretty fun.

The Miller's said...

Good times at Island Park! Good memories from there! Congrats on the condo purchase!

Lianne said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! Great pictures. I'm glad Jay got to see his bear. And that's cool about the chipmunks. I didn't know you could do that either.

Mr. and Mrs. Duff said...

YAY! I'm so glad you finally blogged! lol. Welcome back- I've miss you!

Scott and Angie said...

That looks like so much fun! Im just a little bit jealous that you got to see a bear!

Dixie Packer said...

totally excited for you guys to have your own time share condo!!! lucky!